So this time next week I’ll be deeply embroiled in the yearly melting pot/crazed extravaganza of gaming culture that is GenCon. This will be our third year in attendance. To run down previous GenCons…
2011: Went largely to help out CGL with GMing Shadowrun. Mikaela came along but was fully in the midst of experiencing extreme personal/family tragedy, and left early. End Transmission Games did not exist yet, and no effort was made to promote my own stuff.
2012: No personal tragedies this year, but when Mikaela and I went we were both dreadfully physically ill with some terrible death plague. Especially me. We carted a ton of Splinter books, and tried to run some demos, but no one had heard about our demos and and we had nowhere to sell our books. Net loss to our fledgling company: just thousands and thousands of dollars. One demo was a complete no-show, and the next was a big success…but I don’t really know what I was expecting since we didn’t have a booth, and with the rate they go at, it didn’t seem like we’d ever be able to afford one. Anyway, my full wrap-up of GenCon 2012 is here.
(It’s been a pattern since at least 2010 (pre-End Transmission, when we were just trying to promote Systems) that we go to conventions knowing we’ll lose money on it as a given, but hoping that the word of mouth we spread will make up for it. Then of course, we’re both too shy and socially reticent/awkward (news flash: other people are terrifying, and it’s even worse with fellow geeks) to be remotely extroverted enough to actually spread said word of mouth.)
This year, though, I like to think we’re locked, cocked, and ready to rock.
Here’s the rundown of End Transmission’s GenCon appearance this year, and the products we’ll have on offer.
* We’re sharing a booth in the mighty mighty dealer’s hall with David Hill and Filamena Young of Machine Age Productions. Specifically it is booth #1956 and we should be there most or all of the con. Stop by! We’ll have all the following there:
* Singularity System Core Rulebook.
* Singularity System Gameplay Modules Biotech and Wild Talents.
* Brand New, Never Before Sold Singularity System Gameplay Module: Firefight! This is The Singularity System’s main personal combat module, and it includes rules for personal combat, including new actions, new maneuvers, 40 new weapons, and new options for customizing personal weapons and armor.
* Ronnie award winning storygame Anathema.
* ENnie award nominated fan RPG Phantasm (2010).
* We’re running one demo of the Singularity System ourselves, from 3-7 at Room #302 in the JW Marriott on Friday. There will also be other demos running Friday Morning and Sunday Morning, location to be announced.
* We’ll be at the Ennie Awards Ceremony right after our demo, to watch Phantasm(2010) probably not win.
That about covers it! See you there!